Cost of Living Crisis Prevention Project – funded by the Greater London Authority
Citizens Advice have a new project to assist people who are struggling with bills, during the cost-of-living crisis. The aim is to give advice to people to prevent financial difficulties becoming a crisis.
Our Crisis Prevention Adviser can help to MAXIMISE INCOME:
- Help to apply for benefits where eligible
- Look at options for dealing with debt
- Apply for grants to help with essential items or high energy bills, if suitable
- Check clients have received the correct cost of living payments help from the government
- Apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment if struggling to pay rent or have rent arrears and in receipt of help with housing costs currently.
- Advise on ways of reducing outgoings, where possible
- We can refer to a caseworker for further help with benefits or debt issues or Harrow Law Centre for further specialist benefits advice.
To refer a client, make a direct referral to us:
Training for you and your colleagues: ADVICE FIRST AID training
To teach you how to spot urgent issues and emergencies and where they could signpost or refer people to. The Advice First Aid training would be over 2 full days from February – dates can be arranged – and is free of charge.
For more information please email an enquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org